Met up at Rogue at 5:45am. Warm-up run over to the track, drills, ran stairs, with 100m stride between stair climbs, and 300m around track and back to stairs. Did 3 sets of 3 laps. Cool down run back to Rogue.
5.65 miles.
Good run. Good workout. Tough running those stairs, and then keeping pace on the 300's.
Afterwards, Paul, coach Scott, Emily, Eric, and I had coffee at Progress. Good times. Scott is running the NYC marathon on Sunday. So that's exciting. Hope he has a great day.
Weds Run:
6 miles on the lake with Eric. COLD. Good run. Chilly soak afterwards.
Tomorrow we are doing 12m for our medium long run. Should be good. Looking forward to it.
This weekend is a 16 miler on the Crestview route.
We've been hit with some cooler temps here in Austin this week. It's great. But it's an adjustment. So used to running in the heat and humidity. Where you do not have to think much about what you're wearing. Less of it the better. Now we have to think about hats and gloves and long sleeves. Don't want to freeze, but don't want to be sweating either. Combine that with then soaking at BS after the runs. Need after soak clothes, pants, hats, jackets etc. This morning I felt like a frickin' Sherpa walking out the door, my backpack was stuffed with pants, socks, several long sleeve shirts, hats, gloves, shoes, towel, all kinds of crap.

This was me leaving for my run this morning.
It will take a bit of time to adjust to the cooler temps. For now I'll deal with it. Pack up my pack and lug it out the door. Hoping that I've got what I need to brave the elements each day. Probably the worst part is getting out of the water after soaking. While in the water your fine as the water temp is warmer than the air temp. But, wow....when you get out, and that cold air hits your we legs, its brutal. Can take hours to warm up.
Do not take this all as whining as I am digging the cooler temps. We've been waiting a long time for the heat to break. It is a welcome break and we will enjoy for as long as we can.
Getting excited for Jeremiah. He's got his Ironman coming up this weekend in Florida. I'll say good luck my friend, but you don't need it. You've put in the work. Trust your training. You're gonna rock it my man.
Run long...
No comments:
Post a Comment