Sunday, October 12, 2008

Sunday run:

3.8 mile recovery run at the lake.
Kiki and I went down to BS to do little run this morning.
I was tired and stiff from the run yesterday, but was glad to get out and run on the trail. I'm a big believer in active recovery. So it's important to me to get out the day after a long run and stretch the legs a bit. Always feel good afterwards. After the run we had a great soak in BS.
Bfast at Austin Java, pancakes!! yeah pancakes. so good.

This short recovery run put me at 50 miles for the week. My single biggest week of running ever. I'm extremely pleased to hit this milestone. I've been putting in the work for months now. Running and running and running. This was a solid week of running, with a challenging quality workout, a great double digit medium long run, and a 16 mile long run. It was not a struggle to run this mileage and that's what I'm proud of. This has been a goal of mine for quite awhile now, so I'm psyched to hit it. I know that I can run a decent amount of mileage in a week and still feel good.

Looking forward to the next week of running. We'll be running the IBM 10k next weekend. Should be a great race.

Run long...

No comments: