14 miles today. Good run.
Did an out and back on the last 7 miles of the Austin marathon course. We ran this same route two weeks prior to the marathon this year. And have fond memories of that run. Many of us ran together and had a good time.
Today ran with Eric, and Peter, and Cindy. Good times.
The one glitch to the run today was the Triple Tumble, as I am now calling it. We had just crossed MLK heading up San Jacinto, on our left were many UT fans gathered for the game tail gaiting. We cheered them, and were hoping to be offered a beer or a brat or both. None was offered. We were running on the sidewalk at this time, all of a sudden Cindy trips and falls forward, instantly her expert dancing skills come into play. Not sure if it was the country or perhaps it was the western dancing skills. Well she just barely saves her fall and does not go down. A moment later Eric trips and falls. He goes down, while I know that he can dance, he has a move or two, today he did not have the ability to save himself and hits the ground. He rolls with it and is quickly back up on his feet.
I'm thinking to myself what's the deal with these two? Hello, we're just running here. We're on a sidewalk folks. Not like we're out on some nasty root and rock infested trail here in Austin. Just as I'm thinking this, BAM, I trip and fall. As many of you know I do have a move or two. But today I did not have the graceful moves within me to save my fall and I hit the ground. I managed a tuck and roll and Eric threw me a hand and I was back on my feet. But I was pissed. What the hell are we doing? Within 30 feet the three of us are falling all over the place.
I quickly got back to running, needed to blow off a little steam. After a few minutes I recovered, no injuries, although my back is a bit strained from hitting the ground.
The three of us regrouped and ran the remaining 2 miles back to Rogue.
(as I sit here typing this I'm wondering what the other runners around us thought of us today. makes me laugh out loud just thinking about it. maybe they are sitting at home, beer in hand, telling their friends and family about the three stooges they saw fall today right in a row. well I hope they are having a good laugh.)
Good times after the run, breakfast tacos with Cindy, chatted with coach Amy, talked with Daniel for a bit, saw lot's of running friends.
It's been a good week of running. Will do an easy 5 mile recovery run tomorrow.
Run long...
1 comment:
LOL - we really did have a 3 stooges moment, no doubt! Who knew that falling was contagious? In front of tailgating UT fans, no less. And yes, it was a secret combination of country AND western moves that saved me from kissing the ground. Good run today, friend!
Post a Comment