on Saturday Sept. 6th I will begin training for my second marathon which will be in Houston on Jan. 18th, 2009. I'd like to keep a journal here of my training, the good, the bad, the ugly. this will be for me to keep track of what I'm doing and for anyone else who might want to know what I'm up to.
over the last 5 months I've been building my base. running as much as possible. now up to 6 days a week. with several 40+ mile weeks. it's been a great summer of running. I've become a morning runner to avoid the heat and humidity here in Austin. I've done most every run with my buddy Eric, who I met and trained with for the Austin marathon. it's been great having someone there every day to run with. had he not been there I don't know if I'd have made it out the door each morning. thanks man!
as compared to a year ago when I started training for the Austin marathon, I am much further along. I'm running nearly twice as much per week as I was then. I feel great. feel extremely positive about the upcoming training season.
my goal for Houston is to run it sub 4 hrs.
this fall I will be running the IBM 10k in Oct., the Big Sur Half Marathon in Nov., and the Decker Half Marathon in December. looking forward to these races.
let the count down to Houston begin.....
see ya on the trail
3 comments:
If tomorrow morning's weather is anything like this morning- you should have a beautiful start to your marathon training. What a gorgeous morning. Felt like fall out there on the freshly groomed TL trail.
glad you enjoyed it. Friday is my rest day. so despite it being primo running temps this morning, I was forced to sleep in.
however I do have hope, as we get closer and closer to cooler temps. morning running should be getting better and better as the weeks pass.
I just realized that now that you have an iPhone we should be able to expect real-time blogs from you at water stops and such. This should be good. Can't wait.
Post a Comment