Tuesday run:
Quality workout at yellow jacket stadium in East Austin. Up at 4:30am. Had to go to bed at halftime during the Cowboys game. That was tough. Thankfully they won, and I have it on dvr. Slept fairly well. A bit fitful here and there. Today was the time trial so I think I was a bit agitated.
Got to the track around 5:35am. Met up with the group. We did a 1 mile warm-up, then we did drills, then the time trail, then a 1 mile cool down.
I felt good and focused for this run. I think I was a bit on edge, you'd have to ask my teammates. If I was overly sensitive or a bit snappy I apologize. I was pretty focused on this run and getting up a 4:30am is rough. Even if you are used to it, it's still damn early.
Scott our coach is great. He's got a good temperament and pace about himself. That works well for the early morning runs. He's fun and chatty if you are. But, he's also not about a lot of BS. He gets on with it. He moved us quickly through our workout this morning. Which was good.
I wanted to run well and I did. I ran a 14:32, 2 mile time trial. It was 2 minutes and 10 seconds faster than what I ran a year ago. That's a huge PR. I'm psyched. I feel like in a small way it validates the running I've been doing all summer. I know it's only 2 miles, but it's a good test of my current fitness. And I'm extremely pleased with the results.
I'll know more in the next 6 to 8 weeks when I run the 10k and half marathon. They will give me a lot of feedback. But for now this is good. Very good.
Afterwards Eric and I went to the springs and soaked. Felt great.
Oh and it was chilly this morning. Yeah cold weather. I'll take it.
Wed. and Thurs. will be nice and easy recovery runs. Saturday is long run day and Sunday will be the Silicon Labs Marathon Relay which I am running with Mindy and her co-workers. Should be fun.
2 comments:
Great to run with you this morning and be back in the group together! Woohoo! Marathon 2009!
I apologize if there were too many punches this morning. I'll be more careful next week :)
yeah I'm a sensitive flower at 5:45am. I need kid gloves, not boxing gloves.
great to have all y'all in the group. nice when a plan comes together.
Post a Comment