Saturday, September 6, 2008

And we're back....!!!

Back to marathon training that is.

Today was the first day of training for Houston. Got down to Rogue around 6:35am for our 7am Long Run. Was great to be there among all my fellow Rogue's. Saw Shama from our Austin group. She's training with Amy again. Great to see her.
Met my new marathon coach Scott C. Great guy. Got to talk to him before and after the run. I think I am going to really enjoy training with him. He trained with coach Amy last year in her Chicago/NY group. And is training again this year for New York. Leilani is in his group. He's smart and knowledgeable about the marathon. Laid back and fun. We share similar training philosophies. I'm feeling very positive about the upcoming season and working with him.

Eric and I ran together the entire 10 miles. As per usual. Excellent running company as always. The group of runners was huge. And it felt great to be back. The run was from Rogue, down to the Town lake trail, east out to the Longhorn dam, and around to the Pfluger bridge, then back on the trail and up the street back to Rogue. An excellent route.

Saw David and Robin from trail running, Chris from the Taco Run, and other familiar faces.

Afterwards we headed over to Hill Country Running, which is owned by Jaime and Andrea (two local professional triathletes). Where ARC was hosting a breakfast social gathering. They had Tacodeli bfast Tacos and coffee. Good times. Paul and Amy were there, good to see them as always. Got to meet Gordo from the ARC forums. Was great to meet him. Talked with all the regular ARC'ers, David, Jim, Angelica, John, Jeff, and others.

We signed up Eric as a new ARC member, it was my wedding present to him. I'm glad to finally have him as a member. Hope he enjoys it as much as I have.

The bfast socials by ARC are a lot fun and hope we continue to do them, perhaps on a more regular basis.

Overall an excellent day of running and socializing.

1 comment:

Jess said...

aww..marathon training...nothing will ever be like the first one though...
glad to hear it is off to a good start... :)