Thursday, September 25, 2008

Thursday run:

Today was our first medium long run. It's a run we will do every Thursday. Today's run was only 7.5 miles, so it was not that long, but it was the first. Next week we'll take it up to 10.

Eric and I met up at BS at 6am. Eric was chipper and excited to run. I was enthused to run, but not quite as chipper as Eric. I think I snapped a bit at him when he asked how long the run will take. That is what it is, if you're gonna play with the bull, sometimes you're gonna get the horn.
It's an interesting dynamic when you run as often as we do together. Some days Eric is up and I'm not. And others I'm happy and chipper and he is not. No matter our moods we are always ready to run. We've come to a point in our running, where our running is dependable. It pulls us out of our moods, it invigorates us, it soothes achy legs, it starts our day.
If any of our other running friends want to come out and run with us we'd love to have ya. It takes a little getting used to the early mornings, but once your in the groove it's great. And the soaks in Barton Springs are rejuvenating.

We ran the I-35 loop, which we've not done in a long time. I like everything about it, except I-35, even at 6:30am there are many cars, exhaust, etc...not my favorite section.

Our running was excellent. We kept an easy conversational pace throughout, with a strong finish at the end. We both get jazzed up about our Thursday runs, as it is the end of our weekday runs and we get to enjoy a rest day tomorrow. And get to sleep in!

We saw coach Amy on the trial this morning. Which is always nice. It's become a regular part of our Thursday runs now for several weeks. She always greets us with "hello gentlemen" I like it.

Ran in my Saucony Triumph 5's today. Love these shoes. Nothing to complain about.

Looking forward to our 14 mile run on Saturday.

No comments: