shoe talk. I love shoes, or rather I love running shoes. if they are not running shoes then I rarely if ever wear shoes. I wear sandals, teva's, crocs, etc...
I will probably spend a lot time talking about shoes. we'll see.
currently I am rotating through 3-4 pairs of shoes.
Nike Vomero 2
Nike Skylon
Saucony Triumph 5
Asics Gel-Nimbus 9 (Austin marathon shoe)
the best thing about the list of shoes above is that they are all working very well for me. I am fazing out the Asics. I've run in them for almost the last year, they've served me well. but I am liking other shoes better now. I may possibly come back for the Nimbus 10, I need to give them a good try on at the shop.
for now the Nikes and the Sauconys are doing great. Better than great really.
the Vomero 2's and the Skylon's I both got on sale at Rogue, excellent deal, and gave me the latitude to buy several pairs of shoes to try out. nice to have that option. even nicer when it works out.
I've run in the Skylon's three times now, each time getting better, the last run, this past weekend, at the Nike Human race. they performed exceptionally well. the free Nike socks that I got at packet pickup did not. too small, slipped and caused some painful rubbing during the race. not enough to stop me from running the race, but enough to have a bloody heal stain.
I've got a pair of Nike Vomero 3's waiting in the wings and will get them out on the road soon. Maybe this weekend. (these were also bought on sale, I rarely miss a shoe sale!)
I've been equally impressed by both the Vomero and Triumph. both have so far exceeded my expectations.
over the next couple of months the Vomero 3's and the Triumph 5's will be having a competition to see who will be the marathon shoe of choice. no way to tell at this point as I've not done many longer runs (runs longer than 13 miles ish). mostly it will be either of these shoes. who knows maybe something else will pop up in the next couple of months.
we'll try and keep tabs over the next couple of months on how each performs as the long runs get longer.
5 comments:
But I thought you hated blogging! Something about narcissism? :)
Yeah I think Nike made 2 sizes of socks to fit 60% of the human race or something. Your's and Paul's left you with no heel- mine are too long with the heel bunched up on my ankle.
and the nike socks are left and right footed. I like socks that work on either foot.
You can pass along your bloody too-short nike socks to me! :)
Post a Comment