Thursday, December 18, 2008

Medium long run

Excellent 12 mile run with Peter and Eric at the lake.

Our Thursday run has become my favorite run of the week. I love doing double digits on a week day. It always feels good. We always have a good time. And I love running the full loop around the lake.
This morning was extremely foggy here in Austin. It was also damp, almost like it was going to rain but never really did on us. It was warm/cool, kind of depended on the point in the run. The weather and fog made for another memorable morning on the lake. And again is why I so enjoy running on the lake as much as I do. It's ever changing, the loops may be the same, but everything else changes with the seasons. Hot or cold. Sunny or foggy. Green or fall colors. I dig it all.

It's good to be feeling good. The hammy is almost a non-issue now. I've got it under control, staying on top of it, with my TP massage ball etc... it's a daily routine that I must keep at and it should be fine through the marathon.

Finished strong today on the run and that felt great.

Saw Russ from Rogue/ARC at the rock this morning, he was run commuting to work. 12 miles to work, and 12 miles back home. What a stud. He's my hero. Next year he is running across Europe. (he's previously run across France and Germany in the last couple of years)

We got our christmas tree today. yeah...oh the joy of the season. ho, ho, ho....

Saturday's run will be around 21 miles. Runtex to Rogue. Looking forward to it as it's a great run. Lot's of fun.

Run long....and happy ho ho

No comments: