Excellent run today. Eric, Peter, and I met at barton springs, 5:30am for our run. It was cold. Upper 30's. We did the full 10 mile loop. Peter had to cut it short as he had to get to SA for work. We ran a good pace for much of the run and it felt great.
Broke out the marathon shoes yesterday. Nike Vomero 3's. Love them. Ran in them today as well. Will run 10 again Saturday. And a run or two next week. Should have about 30 miles on them for the race. Which should be perfect. New shoes always feel good.
Some how I had misplaced my brooks running jacket Tuesday morning after our quality workout. Yesterday I went down to Rogue to see if I could find it. Went to Progress first to see if I had left it there. No luck. Searched around Rogue. No luck. Just by chance I thought I'd go over to where I parked and see if some how it was laying on the ground somewhere. I had little to no hope it would be there. It was over 24 hours since I had been there. Well I walked along 5th st. towards where I parked. Looking around the cars that were currently parked there. And much to my surprise there it was, crumpled up, laying on the ground. Success! Could not believe it was still there. I hardly wear the jacket, as it usually gets me too warm. It's nylon. But, my fav Nike hat and gloves were in the pockets and I was really going to miss them. No worries now.
Tomorrow is a rest day.
Then 10 on Saturday.
Run long...
No comments:
Post a Comment