Saturday, November 1, 2008

Saturday long run:

16 mile long run today.
Great run. Ran with Gordo and Peter. Had a blast.
Gordo is an ARC guy and I invited him out for a run with Rogue. I wasn't sure if he was going to show up as it was a casual invite at the water stop Thursday morning around 5:45am. Well he did show and we had a great run.
Gordo is a great guy and a good runner. He kept our pace up all day. He and Peter got along great and had a great convo throughout the run. (which allowed me to just run and enjoy the day)
The route today was the Crestview run, which is an enjoyable loop around Austin.

Missing in action were Cindy and Eric. Cindy is in Big Bend camping and Eric is in San Antonio this weekend with family.

After the run hung out at Rogue and then a group of us had volunteered to help out Progress Coffee with a commercial they were filming. They needed runners, and of course Rogue had plenty to offer them. Rogue gave us new Rogue shirts for volunteering. Scored an excellent new shirt. Thanks Rogue.
The filming went well. We had gathered in an East Austin neighborhood. On one of the first takes we had a runner go down, she tripped and hit the ground with a thud. I'm sure it will make the outtake reel. As this was one of my first endeavors into the film biz I tried to listen to the directors instructions and make sure not to over act or to improvise too much. Often I was having flashbacks to "Waiting for Guffman." Wondering if this could be my big break. The "What ifs" were dancing through my head throughout the shoot.

Of course the reality is that we just ran up and down the street and had a good time. I doubt this will launch a film or TV career for me. I'll keep my day job for now.

It's been another great week of running. Feeling good. Will do an easy recovery run tomorrow. Next weekend is the half marathon in Monterey, CA. Can't wait for that.

Run long...

No comments: