Friday, November 14, 2008

Friday:

Today is a rest day. Yeah rest day.
Runs this week:
Tuesday: 3 miles easy.
Wednesday: 6 miles easy.
Thursday: 10.75 miles.

Recovery after the half is going well. Except for my hamstring. Things really tightened up on the run yesterday. Had planned on doing 12 but decided to cut it short as my hamstring was talking to me. Got home and it just ached. And was not happy about it. Decided to take my own advice and called Advanced Rehab to schedule an appointment. (AR is our local sports injury clinic. they do a lot with runner's here in Austin. And are constantly recommended by Rogue)

I was fortunate and was able to get in yesterday afternoon. Met with Dr. Fluitt. Great guy.
He did some great work on my hamstring and glutes. Using Active Release Therapy. Also gave me some things I can do at home. We discussed my running, he said it was fine to run this weekend. But, to keep tabs on what my hamstring is doing. We then scheduled a follow-up appointment for Monday.
I'm really glad I went. Good to be proactive. As this has just arisen in the last week or so he was confident that we can nip in the bud soon. Which definitely relieves some of my anxiety.

Looking forward to tomorrows run. 18 miles. We will do 12 at marathon goal pace. MGP. If my hamstring acts up I will cut the run short. Which will be easy to do as we are running on a 3.5 mile loop.

Last thing, if anyone knows of a Morning After Pill for Denny's "Moons over My Hammy" let me know!

Run long...

No comments: