Saturday, April 25, 2009

TX Round-Up

Ran the TX Round-Up 10k today.
Tough race, warm, humid, windy, hilly.
Temps were in the 70's, humidity was high, winds were around 20mph.
The course was new this year, I've not run this race before, but have heard that it was perhaps tougher than the previous course. Which was known to be a tough course. The hills today were steep and brutal.

My plan for the race was to try to slightly PR over my time from IBM last year. I had no idea how tough that would be. lol. I went out a bit too fast and had to just hang on from there. Tried to keep it together, but it was tough. Funny how long a 10k can seem.

Time: 48:08 (PR by 4 seconds)
Place: 147 out of 1164
Age group: 24 out of 89

Considering the tough conditions and brutal hills I feel pretty good about my race today. I'll take the PR.

Next week the Bun Run!!

1 comment:

MW said...

"Andy Yaeger who was fourth overall in the 10-K said, "I thought about walking some of those hills. That's never happened to me before." "

Congrats on the PR on a tough tough course!!