Monday, March 9, 2009

Bagelfest 5k

Sunday Kiki and I ran the Bagelfest 5k.
Good run. It was warm and humid. And hilly.

Ran: 23:07
8th out of 27 in my division.
51st overall out of 413.

The good, my last mile was my fastest mile by about 20 seconds. That was my goal for this race, push it at the end. The not as good: hills in the first mile or two took their toll. As did the warm and humid weather. I did not get a great start as I placed myself way to far back. Just was not as engaged as I should have been. Lack of sleep from the time change certainly contributed to this.

Overall I felt good about my run.

Kiki had a good run as well definitely finishing strong.

Bagelfest is a festive race and those there seemed to have a good time. They had some issues, a bit of a late start, and no PA system, as the neighbors had complained. So Evil had to do a lot of loud talking. I doubt he has much of a voice today. We did not win any door prizes, there were many, but none for us. Maybe next year.

Love doing the 5k's. Lot's of fun. Next weekend is "Get Your Rear in Gear" down in New Braunfels. Our old stomping grounds. Should be a fun race. And we'll get to see Mike and Mindy and Sabine. Should be a fun filled weekend.

Run long...

No comments: